North Alabama And Surrounding Areas Relocation Information
Crye-Leike provides a list of vendors (mover, cable, home warranties, etc.) who will give discounts to our preferred clients. Ask for this information.
Relocating to a new state, or even just a new neighborhood, is exciting but can be stressful. Moving the family, getting the children in school, finding good doctors and a local gym are just a few of the time-consuming activities everyone has to deal with when relocating.
We can offer you the benefit of our knowledge of this beautiful area. Please fill out the form below and we will get your home search started and send you a customized relocation package with information concerning our area.
- Obtain school records, legal records, and other important documents
- Obtain medical records and history, transfer prescriptions, and research/request referrals for doctors, dentists, specialists, etc. in new town
- Use up perishables, defrost freezer, clean refrigerator
- Prepare large appliances and rugs for proper moving
- Disconnect utilities and get refunds for any deposits made
- Notify and register children in new school
- Request a relocation package from your REALTOR® or the city’s Chamber of Commerce
On Moving Day:
- Double check rooms, closets, and cabinets for possible items left behind
- Make sure children have books and games to keep entertained during travel
- Prepare pets for transportation
- Carry jewelry and important documents on your person
- Leave all old keys needed for the new tenant with your REALTOR®
At Your New Address:
- Check on utility services – gas, electric, water, telephone, etc.
- If relocating to a new state, register car within 5 days of arrival and apply for state driver’s license
- If staying within the state, obtain a driver’s license with your new address on it
- Register children in school if you haven’t done so already
- Set up new patient appointments with doctors, dentist, etc.
- Explore your neighborhood!
To request a copy of our relocation package, please submit your name and contact information below.